FreeVoddler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FreeVoddler

A forum for discussing VODDLER (www.voddler.com) since the forum on voddler.com is inferior.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Voddler + wine

Go down 
+5
Ohlin
duckland
henrik
garton
franzjesus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ohlin

Voddler + wine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:51 am

I have not tried to build VoddlerPlayer.exe using the supplied source, but I will ask for the updated source once their forum is opened again.

I like the idea with Voddler very much, I even want to buy the promised box and so on. So I hope that this was just a simple mistake on their part.
Back to top Go down
garton

PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:02 am

Ohlin wrote:
I have not tried to build VoddlerPlayer.exe using the supplied source, but I will ask for the updated source once their forum is opened again.

I like the idea with Voddler very much, I even want to buy the promised box and so on. So I hope that this was just a simple mistake on their part.

That is very good. Voddler needs to know that not only are they required to provide "the source". They are required to provide the source code tree used to build every single version of the GPL program they ever released. The most important effect of this is that every time they release a new version of the client, they must ALSO publish the source code that that particular version was built from.

Also, it must be possible to build the corresponding binary (the one that was distributed to you) from the source code published:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DistributeExtendedBinary

Feel free to use this text in any correspondance that you have with voddler.
Back to top Go down
crazzycat

PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 am

thanks for all your answers cause i've had the same problem Cool

Last edited by garton on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tog bort reklam. /mod)
Back to top Go down
garton

PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:11 am

Ohlin wrote:
Tested it on windows, and got the same result. I also found out why it is not working. It seems as if you have to do something with the key you get from the VNetManager before you can use it as a token when you log on. It is quite obvious if you think about it, but I blame it on sheer tiredness. I think it is a system with public and secret keys and if the secret key is not found, then I guess there is not much to do. It is probably time to diff the code between voddler and XBMC to find out what is really going on. I really hope that everything is there, but I am not so sure. So far I have found two function declarations without the corresponding definitions... Either they are not used or they have been stripped out of the source...

According to their own forum, Voddler just released an updated version of the released source code. Do you want to take a look at it and see if it contains the missing parts?
Back to top Go down
thomasa88

PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:25 pm

I managed to build the voddler source I fetched yesterday. However I also have problems to log in.

Utils.cpp now has this code:
Code:

CStdString loginurl = "http://127.0.0.1:50726/voddler/login?userid=" + userid;

if(!pass.IsEmpty()) {
        CUtil::URLEncode(pass);
        loginurl += "&password=" + pass;
    }
        if(!logintoken.IsEmpty()) {
                CUtil::URLEncode(logintoken);
                loginurl += "&logintoken=" + logintoken;
    }

It looks like a token would be supplied if it existed. What I understand tokens are only associated with users already added to the local client. And because I can't create my user I have no token.

But mustn't users running Windows also call the login without a token the first time? Anyone have the ability to check?

I tried setting dstport/srcport in wireshark in the range 42042-42051 but I have not been able to catch any packets from vnetmanager to the voddler servers. Are they using some other ports? Anyone have the ip that is used?
Back to top Go down
Ohlin

PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:51 pm

If you are using windows, then the answer is that wireshark does not support listening on the loopback interface in Windows.
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 am

No ppa for xbmc in karmic

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voddler + wine   Voddler + wine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Voddler + wine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FreeVoddler :: General :: Voddler-
Jump to: